Friday, February 10, 2012

Preparation for the weekend's events

I've done no running since Monday thanks to the wonderful weather. Had planned to run up to Two Lads whilst the car was being MOT'd yesterday but didn't fancy running in freezing rain : can anyone remember a time when it has been cold enough to snow but we get rain instead.
So this morning got a call from EYJ. Neither of us fancied a run but both of us had dogs that needed walking so we met up at Wilderswood taking Cleo and Vye with us through the woods and up to Two Lads. Luckily I'd chosen to take my new yaktrax with me and I'm glad I did as the frozen ground was a real challenge for EYJ's footwear. I'll definitely be wearing them tomorrow for the Amble, assuming it goes ahead. No lying snow but yet the photo looks like it was a total whiteout, such was the severity of the frost.



Hope to see NLN & TLOB at the start of the Amble tomorrow (JtE, YJ, anyone else?) and will give a cheer to all those who reach CP9 on Sunday. Glad my new gloves have arrived!

No comments: