Friday, February 03, 2012

I was going to rest tomorrow but ..........

The Pennine Bridleway Relay has been cancelled due to the severe weather risk for Sunday. Therefore I may be at UTUP in the morning but don't wait for me as the morning sun is my alarm on a Saturday - or more likely dogs barking at the birdies twittering. We have two of them this weekend once more - dogs that is.
Last Saturday saw EYJ give me yet another thrashing as we competed in the Northern XC Championships at Pontefract. However, I did manage to stay with him for the first lap and three minutes adrift him was an improvement as the course was only a few yards short of 8 miles. Our youngest septuagenerian had such a cracking race that he was bearing down on young Mr Ramsdale at the finish, only 28 seconds behind him. I suppose I should be relatively happy with 67:02 for the the 8 miles. For a flat course it accrued over 800ft of climb. We may find EYJ wandering around Two Lads in the morning.
The previous Saturday I came across JtE whilst advising a couple of fellas who weren't reccying Winter Hill route but were looking for checkpoint 3. On the slope between Two Lads and Pike Cottage they were obviously somewhat off-line. A bit pointless looking at the first 4 miles anyway - just follow the the line in front.
If I don't make UTUP, I'll see those celebrating TLOB's diamond jubilee.
If anyone watched The One Show this evening, didn't that young lad have a great dressing-gown - wonderful badge on it!

No comments: