Sunday, January 15, 2012

Too little too late!

I've finally got 5 minutes to put pen to paper/finger to key but it appears everything has been said already.
I had a fantastic day out with NLN over Christmas but would just like to point out that I did not "just sit down." Those ahead of me did not see the wind literally sweep me off my feet and unlike the dog I was unable to turn this misfortune into an elegant backward somersault and so instead got dumped on my bottom. Despite pouring rain and gale-force winds I really enjoyed the day out which brings me to my next point. Etu had mentioned during the Christmas Thursday run that he was considering organising more days out this year, but no amount of planning could book the weather. I hope this shows that it is not the climate and conditions that are important, but the conquering of the mountain and the companionship. So get that map and diary out and start planning - please!
Derian House were very grateful for the donation from the pub kitty, though my 9 year old could not understand why I had gone into a shop, paid money and not bought anything.
Finally the Garstang 10k. Despite being beaten by men twice my age ( well almost!) I found the phrase "I'm really enjoying this" going through my mind. I'm obviously not pushing myself hard enough! Still at least coming last out of the group meant I had people cheering me over the finishing line.
Hope to make Chernobyl if I can fit it in between hospital visits and 2 footy matches!
Oh and by the way, Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: