Sunday, January 08, 2012

Dark and White Mini MM - Hathersage 8th Jan 2012

A good day out in the Peak District. Usual format - 3 hrs to collect as many points as possible.



You get to have a look at the 'Master' map before you start. Essentially this has all the annotations, extra footpaths, out of bounds and notes on, but not the control locations ie the red circles.

Being reasonble familiar with the area it took me a bit to decide on my initial route choice, but was please to collect both 25 point controls. As is inevitable with these events you do get to do a bit of road running so a shoe with a bit of cushioning is best. The new Inov 8 315 Gortex did the job. I have modified them since their first outing yesterday as the laces they came with were a bit too short to tie into the double bow as I usually do. So I thought I'd give those elastic ones with a locking toggle a go. So I got these from the shop at the gym
http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=7928 Does make get the shoes on/off easier and stayed nice and tight whilst running.


My route control No.s 2, 7, 8, 10, 23, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 18, 19, 5, 1, 3 = 230 points


I equal tied with Mark S on points but was back a few seconds earlier.


Full results here

http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk/results-cross-country-fell-races.asp

TF

No comments: