Sunday, November 20, 2011

Not So Dour Tour

Just a follow up to TF's report...

The atmospheric conditions for Saturday's Tour of Pendle were better than I can remember, although underfoot the conditions were expectedly seasonal.  No early start for sick, lame and lazies, but as she reported, TF got through the cut-off with 20 minutes to spare and I was 14 minutes safe.

Felt good all the way round, and started to take places (but not many) from CP 6 and onwards.

Final time 4:41, 18 minutes faster than last year ~ 6 due to better route choice (1 - 2), 6 due to better conditions and 6 due to not having to stand aside as the fast folk came through?

A bit more pleasing than some of my other runs this year, and certainly more enjoyable.

Very pleased for TF, taking 33 minutes off her 2009 time, that woman goes from strength to strength.

Foot Report ~ New Mudclaws left my toenails intact, but shredded my heels.

No comments: