Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nearly back

Thanks EtU for the welcome back and those kind words. It was good to be out again with the Saturday group after such a lengthy absence. My only concern was that everyone left early prompting me to think "Is it me?" NLN had even volunteered to lead a Rucksack Club meet just to avoid me.

When EtU and I parted below the Pike he suggested I do another circuit of "the climbs", which I declined on the grounds of time. However having done the Pike and Noon Hill, noting the time and also the ease with which t'Yorkshireman and new Young Chap had climbed the hills I decided that I was in dire need of some climbing practice, and went on to complete the circuit. When I got below the Pike I'd had enough of Georges Lane for the day, in fact for the year, and took the inviting descent to the track above Riv. & Blackrod school to return only 10-15 mins. behind schedule. What an enjoyable morning.

By the way as EtU states, everytime we saw YJ he was running, which prompts me to wonder if this supposed injury is just an excuse to avoid us because we're too slow for him! I think he's waiting for NLN and TF to start turning out regularly, so he'll someone who can keep up with him.

Two or three issues have come up which mean that I'm unlikely to be out this Saturday but hopefully from thereon , in the words of Take That I'll be "Back for Good".

No comments: