Friday, November 25, 2011

A Big Thank You

To all my fellow members of the UTUP squad.

I would like to say a big "Thank You" to you all for the support and friendship I have received on my return to running, without which I would not have achieved the Vets over 70's English Championship award for 2011.

Individually I would like to thank ETU and TF for their support, transport and recce of the Whittle Pike race route (TF's navigational skills were excellent). The effort made by both was exceptional and greatly appreciated.

Last, but by no means least, TIM who trained with me every Sunday morning. We ran between 10 and 13 miles on the footpaths and fells. This gave me excellent preparation for the fell championship races.

All this happened with a chance meeting at the Trespass Stone with ETU and fellow runners. What a journey it has been!

Thank you to you all,

EYJ.

No comments: