Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yesterday (20th Nov)

Arrived at Lower Barn to say hello to YJ and TYC, who set off together towards Pike with TYC keen to take last week’s route as this was relatively new terrain.  I had decided on the way over, to do my own thing this morning.  The light was just too good to miss and I wanted to get a few pics from down near the reser, which I did.  I also needed to be back early as we went over to Kendal to the Mountain Film Festival in the afternoon.  Had a bit of a telling off (in the nicest possible way!) from YJ that my snapping is interfering with my running!  

Having got a few snaps with just gorgeous light, which you can see here here if you wish, I then went over the Pike, Two Lads, to the newly painted Trig Point before heading out to the Trespass Stone before returning over Burnt Edge to say hello to Two Lads again and then back to LB.  This gave me just over 10 and a half miles.   As I was changing shoes before driving off TYC ran into the car park and we had a pleasant exchange of routes etc before we both departed.  TYC got in just over 14 miles I believe.

Congratulations to JtE on his return to the fells and I look forward to seeing you back with the Squad soon.  Not out next Saturday as I have to WORK yes WORK – deeply depressing.   Still I suppose it’s the first time in over 20 years that I have been asked to do this on a Saturday and I won’t be volunteering again for another 20!   Things hotting up for Christmas, but possibility of being out Sat 3rd.  Any news on Solstice Supper?  We’re free on 10th, but not 17th.

NLN

No comments: