Sunday, October 09, 2011

Probably my last attempt at Category A Long

Well done to TF on a fine run and Ed for improving over last year at Langdale.
I should have been capable of the 3mph pace required to reach the first timeout at Esk Hause shelter but just never got going. I found myself near the back on the climb up to Stickle Tarn with the path giving little opportunity for overtaking. I thought by taking it a little easier on the climb than I normally would, I ought to have more in the tank once the opportunity to accelerate arrived. Alas it was not to be - I made little progress on the flatter stretch and by the climb up to Thurnacar found myself last. I managed to pick up a different track before cutting pack to Angle Tarn by which time I knew the game was over and the continuation to Esk Hause was just for my own pleasure. So just a good 10 mile or so run in the Lakes.
Unless I return to the fitness I reached last Summer, there will be little point in entering the more challenging Lakeland races.

As to the fat lady overtaking me at Gin Pit, that's not a nice thing to say - hope she doesn't see the comment - and she didn't overtake me as I started near the back and paced it so nobody overtook me apart from a couple near the finish who I'd overtaken but they'd been saving something.

Ed - thanks the advice on Sciatica - hopefully the stretching tips will do the trick.

No comments: