Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just Kev and I

It was nearly a solo run for me yesterday morning but just as I was about to leave the car park, Kev rolled up. Steady run over to White Coppice then a bit of hard work up to Great Hill where we managed to find a couple of young ladies who we then accompanied to Spittlers where they had a little difficulty finding the trod over to Drinkwaters/Bomber Memorial. As I only wanted 2 hours and Kev 3, I fond the trod and accompanied them to the bridleway junction and then headed for Ammunition Corner and the car whereas Kev headed for WInter Hill.
A great morning for running in the sunshine but somewhat blustery on top.

Langdale Postscript
I now realise why I was so poor on the first climb at Langdale Horseshoe. Yes, the path up to Stickle Tarn is narrow which limits overtaking opportunities but I didn't feel confident about my footing to try to overtake - it was a bit like how I am on a descent. Having done a bit of research on sciatic nerve problems, it seems that one of the symptoms is a lack of balance due to muscle weakness in the affected leg - it's all falling into place, so maybe there is hope once I get it sorted out.

No comments: