Sunday, September 11, 2011

LDMT Sun 11th Sept

Results and all the other bits and pieces here
http://results.sportident.co.uk/home/event.html?eventid=be5f6f2b-0cde-4fc0-b46c-b2e70021a71b

The route gadget bit will show you the maps of the courses. With the state of the weather all the courses were shortened, the maps show the shortened course. The short course, skipped one control which brought the straight line distance down to 9m from 11m.

I was pleased with where I finished (16/49), but on the whole felt I could have done a little bit better. Need to work to my strengths - short and steep, so kicking myself for not picking the optimum route for the first leg, glad to manage to pull back a bit of time on the last climb. Having said that it was good to have a go with a Harveys Map, good practise for 2 weeks time for my Mountain Marathon in Wales.

Speaking of Wales, I spent the previous week honing my mountain skills on a 'Mountain Leader' training course. By the end of the week the instructors thought I was reasonably safe to take a group out walking the hills. Mind you if they'd seen my attempts to put river crossings into practice today, they'd have been doing a bit of tut-tutting as I nearly went for a long swim down the Caldew at one point. Only a conveniently located boulder halted my progress further downstream where I'd have been able to use the bridge!

Will be out on Friday evening for the meal , but off up to the lakes to do Three Shires on Saturday.

TF

No comments: