Thursday, August 11, 2011

A pain in the....

Sciatica has reduced me to the ranks of the walking wounded and has prevented any quality running for over two weeks. I am putting this down to a back problem caused by over energetic digging during potato harvesting and hope that when lifting is completed in a few days time the problem will improve.

In the meantime a restricted training schedule is being followed based around a 6.5 mile circuit from the Lower Barn, taking in the Pike, Two Lads, Winter Hill, the diagonal down to the wooden bridge, George's Lane to the Pigeon Tower and then back down to the Lower Barn. This I completed last Saturday and again slightly faster yesterday in appallingly wet and windy conditions.

I will be UTUPing on Saturday and will repeat the 6.5 mile lap, only returning to the main group when I can be sure of keeping up with the pace.


No comments: