Friday, August 26, 2011

A little whinge about Royal Mail

Bear with me it's vaguely running related.

I ordered a new Head Torch via Amazon this week. Not car headlamp size but will hopefully be an improvement on the current one. An email yesterday said it'd been dispatched so fully expected it to arrive today. Royal mail tend to make deliveries 11-12ish.

Off work today, so thought I'd spend the morning in the garden doing the general jobs (cutting grass, weeding etc) and constructing some new compost bay's. Starting to feel hungry and headed back in to the house for something to eat and surprised to find it was 1pm. Another surprise was a little card from Royal Mail, timed at 11:40am.

Absolutely fuming. Anyone with a slight ounce of common sense would have realized that if I didn't answer the door, I'd have likely to been round the back. Major clues, car was on drive (not normally there when post delivered), main garage door was open, an extension lead trailing round side of house and general weeding paraphernalia still out on front lawn.

Got on the phone to complain. Apparently the Post Man/Lady has to ring the doorbell/knock on door and if no reply after a few minutes put a card through. They are not allowed to 'encroach' onto the property because people have complained (get this) because they have been found (caught) sunbathing NAKED in the back garden.

I pointed out that you'd have to be a polar bear to want to be sunbathing today, and in any case it's not a huge property he/she could have shouted from the side gate and I'd have heard. But as I was told 'rules is rules'. A trip to the sorting office now beckons tomorrow, but not until after 11:40am as I have to wait 24hrs to collect. Don't want to chance another 'rules is rules' episode!

TF


No comments: