Thursday, August 11, 2011

As promised, map for Mini MM



Scanner chopped a bit off the bottom but no controls below the Out of Bounds area.

Lots of people went to control 2 then control 6, I did 5, 9 then 6. Partly 'cos I'd originally thought of going to 3, until a closer look meant I'd have to navigate through a housing estate to get to it, I've learnt from experience that this is not a good idea with an OS map, usually ends up very fustrating. Anyway, it was a good runable track from 9 to 6, could have been taking your chances with the underfoot conditions to control 2.

Final route was 5,9,6,7,8,12,13,18,17,16,15,11,10 and 14. So you can see what I mean about the long road run back. Going to control 2 first, would have left me with a chance to pick off either 5 or 9 on the way back, always easy in hindsight.

But the good news is that I hung on to my lead, so placed first, second and first in the three events in my age category.

Results for last night's event can be found here
http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk/results-cross-country-fell-races.asp

TF













No comments: