Monday, July 11, 2011

Wivlesfield Wobbler

Yesterday after a gap of six and a half years, I pinned a number to my vest and entered a race! My middle daughter Rebecca (who some of you will remember) has been living on the South coast for several years and now runs for Worthing Harriers. This club is part of a group who compete in the West Sussex Running League and the Wivlesfield Wobbler is one of the events. Rebecca was running and suggested that since it wasn't far (4.5 miles) and mainly off road, that I should try it. So there I was at 11am yesterday lined up near the back of the field with just two ambitions; to run all the way and not to be last! I am pleased to say that I succeeded in both ambitions although the last half mile was a struggle, as much due to the heat as anything else (or that's my excuse). It was nice to compete again as I had forgotten what a race was like, however, however pleased I was with my efforts, they pale into insignificance compared with TF's wonderful achievement at Wasdale - well done indeed.
Just for the record it took me just over 43 mins (a pw) - Rebecca beat me by 10 minutes!

TLoB

1 comment:

John the Elder said...

Well done TLoB. My ambition for years has been not to be last!