Monday, July 11, 2011

Winning ways

After pleading tiredness from the Penine Way run to account for my poor training performances of late I am embarrassed to report a better than expected time for the Catforth 10k on Sunday. Finishing in 47mins 53secs I took the prize for the first Over 70 (I was the only over 70) and quickly converted my winners voucher into a pair of shorts.


It is a very fast and flat two lap course with no hills save those over canal bridges. The second placed runner was from Salford club who had ridden in the Manchester to Blackpool cycle event, stopped off in Catforth, done the 10K race and then continued with the ride to Blackpool.

Don't we know of another Salford runner who did rather well at the weekend? Well done TF - Wasdale is one of the toughest races in the Calendar.

No comments: