Friday, July 15, 2011

A tour of a dozen

Hopefully I'll be able to make the Coope's Dozen on the 30th. However it is the day before the Ironman. Although I'm not particapating I suspect it will be a long day supporting Diane and Neal.
The Dozen is a sort of tour and there's another one going on with a couple of hundred cyclists pootling around France. Tomorrow's stage of the Tour de France finishes at the Plateau de Beille - this was one of locations to die for on last year's walk - almost exactly a year ago when I was there (July 18th to be precise). Some photos below. The first one was the view from outside the bar/cafe. It had been a fairly early finish, about 3pm so just a wonderful place to relax in the sunshine. The place looks quite empty - it's normally a Nordic Ski centre so it's peak time will be January to April but I suspect it will be rather crowded tomorrow afternoon. ITV4 has live coverage from 2pm day (correction - it starts at 11am for this stage) and I guess the winner will finish at around 4.30 BST.



No comments: