Monday, May 02, 2011

Last Saturday

It’s very generous of you EtU to report that we ran to Two Lads. With my lack of fitness causing slow progress I was worried that you might get hypothermia through hanging around for me. However your company was much appreciated and thanks for your comments in general.

I am now able to cover most of our normal Saturday terrain and one thing that has surprised me is the work that has been carried out to various footpaths in the last nine months or so. I have previously mentioned those to the Brinscall triangle route. I have subsequently seen diversions on the way to Healey Nab and now I see “improvements” to the path approaching, and in places around, Smithills Reservoir. The latter work disappoints me. I don’t think that there was any particular erosion problem. It seems unnecessary and might encourage more people to go into the area. It has always struck me as a wild sort of place with a feeling of remoteness and quietness. I hope it stays that way.

No comments: