Monday, February 14, 2011

Ambling Along

Another Anglezarke Amble completed with conditions on the day proving testing.  The mud and gore certainly took their toll on my legs which sort of died on me on the climb up to Great Hill – which I put down to not taking on enough fuel on the way round Sad smile

But quite pleased with my time, albeit ten minutes slower than last year.   Going into the event, I didn’t feel as fit as last year, and with no Nic’O to pace me round I felt that 5.30 would be good, in the event the certificate registered 5.20 but having taken shoes off outside I reckon I could knock a couple of minutes off that.  I was inordinately pleased initially, as my Garmin was telling me I had completed in 5.09, but then I remembered I forgot to start it at the beginning of the event Doh!  Great to see friends old and new and a very sociable way to spend the day.

YJ had a storming run coming in seven or eight minutes in front of me and having taken the longer route across the track beyond the Strawberry Duck.  Training seems to be coming together this year after last year’s injuries.  FSS enjoyed his outing with a time of 4.22 followed by a 2.27 the next day at Winter Hill.

…and what a day that was – even marshalling was challenging in the wet conditions so hats off to TF, YJ and EYJ for turning out.  Full results can be found here.   A quality outing for EYJ, beating last year’s vet 65 silver medallist in the FRA English Championship – hope it lived up to your expectations after a 20 year running vacation!

Good to see JtE at White Coppice and for tea at the end, but no sign of EtU when we left the school house.  Look forward to hearing further tales of the day in due course. 

No comments: