Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yesterday

Started at UTUP yesterday and went by Ammunition Corner and Hordern Stoops to Great Hill. Then by the Brinscall triangle to White Coppice and via the reservoirs back to the barn. The old leg performed without the slightest problem and there are no after effects today. Disappointingly however my lower back problem re-emerged and I struggled over the last half mile. It felt good to be back on one of our familiar routes again after so long. I was interested to see the new fencing and gating system now installed on the latter part of the triangle, presumably as part of the development of the bridle path.

The purpose of this outing was to test my capability of doing the 16 mile Amble in two weeks time. It seems that I am still unfit at this stage and that participation might be unwise.

12.2 miles. 3 hours 57mins!

 

1 comment:

NLN said...

A good outing nevertheless
NLN