Monday, January 17, 2011

Rain and Mud

Last Saturday I decided to make the effort and UTUP. It was good to see EtU, YJ and TA at the start and as they ran off towards the Top Barn I started on my own walk. I basically took the “standard route” to Healey Nab but kept to the bridle route passing beneath the Nab instead of forking left at the appropriate point to gain the summit. This brought me out onto the tarmac road leading to Heapey which I took until right turning to White Coppice. From there I took the bridle path towards Brinscall for a short distance before turning back and taking the direct route to Waterman’s Cottage, then skirting Anglezarke, High Bullough and Yarrow reservoirs back to the barn.

Not having turned out since the 17th. July last year I had forgotten the pleasure there is in starting early to spend the morning in the rain and wading through mud. I must do it more often.

9.25 miles. 2 hours 55 mins!

No comments: