Sunday, January 23, 2011

'The Hebden' Sat 22nd Jan

Might eventually turn up on time for this one day! Was just about to leave home when I realised I hadn't sent the oldest nephew his birthday present (via amazon). I make it to junction 19 on the M60 only to join the back of a queue, 7:20am on a Saturday morning!! Some degree of luck made it a short wait, but opting to take the safer (but longer) driving route via Todmorden to Mytholmroyd I arrived at the registration just in time to see everyone depart.

Lots of excuse me's and thank you's later, I got past the walkers to join the back of the runners. Wouldn't want to miss this one, a cracking route and fantastic food on route and at the finish. A nice steady pace saw me round in 5hr02mins, over 30mins improvement on the last time. Didn't suffer with the dreaded cramp this time. I have since learnt that one person walking the route sadly died during the event. Condolences must be extended to their family and hopefully they'll be comforted by the fact that their relative was enjoying life to the end. You couldn't not do on this route.

Having somehow managed to get my name on the start list for 3 Peaks, Sundays leg stretcher was a gentle trundle up and down Pen-y-Ghent.

Next out on the 5th feb for NUTNUP!

TF

No comments: