Friday, December 03, 2010

UTUP

I was planning a brief appearance on Saturday, but as I need to be at Boggart Hole Clough on cross country duties later on and I'm planning on using Public Transport to get there, I'll not manage this week. Should hopefully be ok for next Saturday morning all being well.

Speaking of public transport, so far this week I've been charged varying amounts on the bus home from Bolton. I have 2 options, either bus down Deane Rd (540, quarter past/ quarter to hour) or St Helens Rd (582, on the hour/half past hour), both similar distances and same bus company. Tues it was £1.80, Weds £2.60, Thurs £2.10. I await with interest what tonights charge will be. I should point out that I'm giving the name of bus stop, road junction and a good discription of where the stop is in relation to shops/garages etc!!

TF

2 comments:

John the Elder said...

I think the 582 runs about every 10 minutes. The varying prices might be something to do with the time of day. Just look forward to being 60; cost confusion will vanish when you have a bus pass.

t'Yorkshireman said...

Busses in Bolton are only for the super-rich, those with a bus pass or as an absolute last option when there is no other. On short distances it's probably cheaper by taxi, especially if there are two.
At the end of my Pyrenean jaunt, I used the busses to get around the region and a single ticket, costing one euro, would in effect get you anywhere in a region bigger than North Yorkshire.
Bolton is a long way from promoting public transport.