Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Peak 'O' Trial, Tues 28th Dec

Always prepared for a bit of an adventure at one of Des's races, I turned up thinking I'd get away with the short 4m (as advertised) option. It was first day out in the car for 11 days and I needed to get to the shops before I missed out on all the bargains.

Des had other ideas. It's hour and a half course he says, I've not planned a short one, you can always miss a couple out. He waved the map briefly in front of me just so I had a general idea of distance involved. Miss a couple out, that was like a 'red rag to a bull', no never!

Well after an hour and a half had elapsed I'd got to the point of 'where there's no sense, there's no feeling' or in my case no feeling, no sense. How numb can your feet get? Very, if you tramp around the Peak District looking for little orange and white flags while there's snow on the ground. Should have called it quits, but soldiered on and was back at the pub in 3hrs17. Even Des's 'an hour and a half' was a bit optimistic, winner (Julien Minshull, local runner) managed 1hr:47 I believe, and he knows the area as well as Des. Not sure if I was the slowest, but at least I was back in less than 2x winner's time.

I'll be out for a brief run tomorrow, so will see a few of you at 8.30am

TF

No comments: