Sunday, December 19, 2010

Only a short run - the start of a wonderful day

I couldn't be with you on Saturday, even if plan A or plan B had come to fruition (see YJ post). I did however manage to achieve a short run on the fells. After breakfast I escaped from the Devonshire Fell hotel in Burnsall, clod in yaktrax, ran up the road a bit before turning off into Harden Woods with a demanding little climb up through the virgin snow before carefully making my way back down. I was only allowed 20 minutes or so, as I was required to greet guests from about 11.30 a.m. who would be turning up for my daughter's wedding.
All apart from four made it - they gave up trying to get out of Horwich after 90 minutes on Saturday morning. We even managed to persuade everyone to leave the confines of the hotel for a few outside photographs.
There's a small collage of photographs on the photographer's blog for those who would like to see what Diane and Neal got up to on their only rest weekend in their Ironman training schedule.

No comments: