Sunday, November 21, 2010

And then there were two....

The Saturday squad was down to EtU and myself for the 20th and so we headed for the familiar territory of Healey Nab, White Coppice, Brinscal triangle, Great Hill, Spittlers Edge, Hordern Stoops, Ammunition Corner and back to the Lower Barn.

We gave everyone nearly 10 minutes before setting off to enjoy the unbroken sunshine at a steady pace which saw us back at the cars in 3hr 9min 6secs, having covered 13.29 miles at a pace of 14min 14secs per miles. Total climb was 1941 feet.

It was hardly the best preparation for Sunday's Preston 10 mile road race which also enjoyed unbroken sunshine. What I have always considered to be a flat course did have 670 ft of climb. For the first time there was a category for O70 in which I was beaten by about two minutes, which was only to be expected in view of the preparation but was very useful as a fast training run. I finished in just over 80 minutes giving a pace of about 8 minute miles which was the object of the exercise.

I won't be out next Saturday as I will be heading for the cross country at Sefton Park, Liverpool.
Instead I plan to have a run from the Lower Barn on Wednesday if anyone is interested.

No comments: