Monday, August 16, 2010

North of the Border

Don't know what weather you all had this weekend but this is what I got







Picture 1 - Saturday evening, looking across to Skye

Picture 2 & 3 During my race on day 2. (Start/Finish at Balmacara, 3m east of Kyle of Lochalsh)

A tough couple of days navigating, made tougher by a few mistakes. Found the moorland tough going, little in the way of paths and the midgies must have put their sunhats on to follow me round. Given the length of time we were out on the first day a few people dropped down a course on the second day (including the one who finished behind me on day 1, leaving me last on day 2). But mustn't complain too much 'cos I guess there's not much to beat an open-top drive back from Skye to Loch Lomond on a Sunday afternoon.

I'm off practising with my backpack next weekend so won't be able to manage a utup unless the weather looks like it could be really bad. Will post later in the week if I intend to turn up at the lower barn.

TF

No comments: