Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today

My thought for the day was to take it easy in consideration of the re-emergence of my knee injury sustained on the Pike race. I turned up at UP at about 8.45 and TF, also doing her own thing, by coincidence, turned up slightly afterwards. She went off to explore some new paths shown on her map and I went off at a walk/jog pace to go by Ammunition Corner to Spitlers, Great Hill, White Coppice and back to the barn. I struggled far more with the injury than I had last Saturday especially on the down hills and I think that, as before, the only remedy will be rest and the pills.

The weather was cold and wet. You will be able to imagine what Spitlers was like, particularly after all the recent rain. I envied those of you who were at home!

10.31 miles. 1553 /1559 feet climb / descent.

No comments: