Friday, July 30, 2010

Gordon's GR10 - One Day to Go In The Pyrenees

From being one day behind after two nights at Gary and Debbie's near Ax-les-Thermes, I have since done five days in three so will now arrive in Banyuls tomorrow. The final part is so much easier especially if you have five kilos less on your back.

I did do a shortcut though - instead of taking the GR10 around Canigou, I took the short rout straight over the top so my earlier statement that I'd done my highest point has been superceded by 2744m about 9000 foot.




By the way I had 15 kilos on my back and was doing two days in one!

Weather has been quite favourable at times with a cool wind although this afternoon and Wednesday had hot climbs to the gite d'etapes.
Also more opportunity to eat food with lunchtime stops on Wednesday and today at Arles Sur Tech and Le Perthus.
So it's all systems go for the final descent tomorrow to Banyuls and see you all sometime after Wednesday.

Hope to get a run fairly soon after I get back. As I've not run for nearly two months, I may be a bit slow. On the other hand, you may say I've lost a bit of weight! I've now got four nights to put it back on in Banyuls and Paris.

No comments: