Friday, May 21, 2010

Southern Section

For once Drongo Tones is right - I am coming north for the Bank Holiday weekend. The main reason for the visit is to see if the mother-in-law is fit enough to get back on her broomstick but it would be nice to join the gang for a run on the moors and to drink some cheap beer. I intend to arive late Friday 28th so if EtU or anyone else would be kind enough to let me know UTUP I will try and join you.

The problem with running down here is the lack of open spaces. It is nearly impossible to find anywhere that avoids concrete but provided you don't mind a bit of harmless trespassing, it can be done. I have devised a route that is about 5k, 4 of which are on tracks or grass with a 100m section that involves some desperate manoeuvres in the undergrowth. Finding a route is one thing, running it in anything like a decent time is another. Today's attempt was 30m and 59s which is a slight improvement on my last effort but still very slow. There is a 10k in four weeks time that I have my eye on as my first race in over 5 years but I won't enter unless I think I can break 1 hour.

TLoB

O Lord of Brentford (aka Eyeless Birch)

Just look out for "UTUP" on the day in question. If it's a Saturday, that's 8:30 am at the lower Rivington Barn.

Thursdays it's 6:30 pm at the physio clinic near Stocks Park Drive on Chorley Old Road.

Tuesdays (new one this) it's 5:45 on the Wilderswood Car Park at the top of Old Rake.

No comments: