Wednesday, May 26, 2010

If you can't stand the heat...

..it's still better than the kitchen.

Earlier in the week I couldn't post a report of our (NLN and me) trip to the OCT race in the Lakes because of something missing to do with cookies - honest it wasn't me who ate them. It now seem to have righted itself.


Yes, it was a great day in the Lakes on Saturday with some long climbs, such as an hour to get up the band and another hour to get up from the Eskdale floor to what I've always known as Broad Crag Col (NLN has another name for it) where day trippers were sunbathing on a large area of residual snow.

The heat and airless conditions made the climbing testing but good training.

One OCT runner recognised my Snowdonia marathon T shirt and enquired whether I would be doing it again this year. It transpired that she had a slower Snowdonia time than mine and as she had beaten the cut off at Angle Tarn it had me dreaming of next year's OCT... but only for a few seconds.

No comments: