Saturday, May 08, 2010

Belmont Winter Hill

Decided I would build this into my training so, having rushed round Tesco to get the shopping in, I set off walking over to Belmont. As I was about 15 minutes later than planned I needed to include a bit of running so I could get to registration half an hour before the race start.
Chatted with a couple of Brindles on the way down - Wilf's son was making his debut (in the under 12 race) -just looked at the results and he is obviously following the family tradition winning his age group.
The pre-race gathering on the field was loads of wonderful reunions - but no other from this group - have you given up on local races?
I started in my usual place near the back but found the first climb far too easy, must have got myself up to about 50th position before I had the usual experience of loads passing me as we headed through the "swamp" to Noon Hill. Second climb was not too good, just passing three or four before my usual rubbish descent to finish 88th out of 118. Timewise I was a couple of minutes up on two years ago but I had nowt left for the finish, unlike on Monday.
A bit of a recovery then run out on the course again before taking the direct route to Winter Hill and home.
Results here

No comments: