Sunday, May 02, 2010

Anyone know a good panel-beater?

Returned from my 2nd race of the weekend to find that someone had added a couple of 'go-faster' stripes on the car (See pics below).
Yesterday I had promised Colin (Waterworth) that I was taking it easy as I had a pair of 8m races to do and wanted to try and do them both at an equal pace. So at the Cake Race 8.5m/1700ft (formerly known as Autumn Leaves) he beat me by a good 2 and a half minutes as opposed to the 50secs at the 7m Wardle Race. The even pace thing obviously didn't work because at today's race - Crowden 8m/1700ft - I was about 10mins slower. Maybe if I'd been a bit quicker I'd caught the culprit who did this
An hour and a bit of elbow grease later the stripes had gone but still leaving dents on the door and front wing.


Oh joy!

TF

No comments: