Saturday, April 17, 2010

ERRA Road Relays, Sutton Park, Birmingham

Our team order today at the relays was dictated by how fast (or in my case how slow) you run. So I was on last leg (the 6th), they were very lucky to have me.

I arrived to find out I'd been promoted to leg 5. Someone who runs slower than me? No, unfortunately the leg 4 runner's car had broken down (female technical term for no petrol) about 10 miles from the venue. By the time we'd got to speak to her it was too late to sort out getting her there on time. I had said I would only go to the race and run if it was to complete a full team. So seemed a bit daft as I'd made the effort to turn up not to have a run round. Thankfully I wasn't the slowest on the day but very nearly. 60 teams started and there were 44 complete teams that finished, we were in 42nd place at the end of my leg.

A useful session, but not as useful as the hillwork I'd done earlier in the day ( 3 x 1m reps up the ramp), I thought a 7am start from the Black Dog was a bit too early to invite any one else along!

TF

No comments: