Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Distance/Ft of Climb for Saturday

On 'Where's the path' I got 11m and 4684ft (converted from metres). This was only a quick measure just to see if we were in the 'ballpark' with our mental arithmetic on the way home.

We did give up at about 3300ft because Mr Wainwright 'obviously' didn't do contouring, only ridge routes. We couldn't find a reference for the ft/climb for Greyfriars to Brim Fell, the sums got complicated and it all got a bit to much for EtU, so he put his book away! 12.5m and nearly 5000ft will do for me though.


I can manage a utup on thurs this week.

And finally, I've just had word from the organizers of the series of navigating events I did confirming that I won my age group and that they'll be sending me a Rab 80L Kitbag as my prize (RRP £45). This has come as a very nice surprise as I was only expecting something as a token gesture.

TF

No comments: