Monday, March 08, 2010

Don't worry YJ, I'll be there on Saturday at the Lower Barn to make you all look like the super-elite athletes that you are. I'm currently doing an impression of the 'Tin Man' having done Black Combe (8m/3400ft) on Saturday and the re-arranged navigating event (3hr) at Macclesfield Forest on Sunday.

The marshalls remained at their posts (see last year's entry) long enough for me to make it round on Saturday in 2hrs and 16mins, a good hour and ten mins after the winner. Results can be found on the Black Combe website. Two of the runners finishing behind me (they were in front on the first half) were husband and wife. The wife having had an equally disappointing run last year having turned back at the 2nd CP as she wasn't confident of navigating in the mist. So there was at least two of us finishing with a grin!

My three hour 'recovery' run yesterday meant I'm not grinning today. But if I've got my sums right I could have finished top of the league for the LV40s, having tied on 195pts with the lady in 1st place yesterday who was ten minutes quicker then me. I'll have to wait and see when they publish the updated tables. (Results at www.darkandwhite.co.uk)

TF

No comments: