Friday, March 05, 2010

Can't Ach it

Noting that the other injured party had given an update on her progress I thought I should give an update on mine. You may have vague recollections of me. I used to turn out on a Saturday morning, admittedly on a rather inconsistant basis. I'm the extremely old chap with extremely thin legs and an extremely thin brain. Ah! Now you remember. As opposed to SN, I have dropped off the edge of the world, or to be more precise I was rather gleefully pushed off. Anyway I've clawed my way back on despite much stamping on fingers.


For me, there's been lots of iceing and plenty of stretching it out. But the Christmas cake is nearly finished now. My recovery from the Achilles is a series of plateaus. I tried a 30 minute run on the park last week but suffered an adverse reaction, and that was just from the walkers on the park. Anyway I moved back a plateau but have had another go this week. It wasn't as bad but it's still not right. I'll try a run round T&E res. this weekend. If it's not right I may have to give in to the voracious income demands of a Physio, which I've been desperately trying to avoid.

On my last run before injury I met t'Yorkshireman on Winter Hill. Since then I've been in decline whereas he's come on leaps and bounds, so to speak. So if you're on the moors and it's a choice of meeting up with him or me, it's a no-brainer.
Avoid both of us!

Well done to everyone for their personal achievements but in particular to YJ for his remarkable time in the half-marathon. There can be few better road runners in the Country, in his age category.

No comments: