Thursday, March 25, 2010

Birthday Greetings

I feel it would be remiss of me to let the occasion pass without saying a few words on JtE’s 75th birthday.

I have had the privilege of knowing JtE a long time and have spent many a happy hour in his company, whether it be running on the moors or sitting having a drink or enjoying a meal or just having a chat.

There is no doubt that JtE is one of life’s gentlemen. Unlike the rest of the Thursday night mob (historical note; my running days up north finished in 1999 and so all references refer to the 90s) his world does not revolve around beer, women and football (perm any combination you like) and he can be relied upon to try and raise the tone (probably easier now that I am down south).

His enthusiasm for running is just as strong as ever and there have been many occasions when JtE (and EtU) have nursed me back from a long back-induced lay-off, with both kindness and encouragement – something I am truly grateful for. His own comeback from serious illness is an example to us all.

So tonight please raise a glass in honour of JtE ~ Happy Birthday John.

TLoB

No comments: