Sunday, February 07, 2010

Wadsworth Half Trog Sat 6th Feb

Amazing what a difference 30 miles and the other side of the hill can make. Unfortunately I had no room for my camera (smaller bumbag today), but there wasn't a lot you could see anyway. So no stopping for 'Kodak Moments'.

It's been a long wait to finally do this race. I was thwarted by a bit of snow the previous time I'd entered in 2007 and the race got cancelled. All the snow this year meant I couldn't manage a recce and was therefore relying on my memory and a bit of good luck. This came in the form of the 'fortuitous' weather conditions leading to some interesting route choices by a few runners. You now need to read the following very carefully, even read it a couple of times to make sure you've read it correctly

I finished 3rd Lady and 1st Lady Vet 40!

Ok, 40th out of 46 finishers, five of whom were female but a win's a win. There were 9 DNFs, quite a high percentage for such a small field of runners.

If you're still not certain check out the results at www.cvfr.co.uk

NLN - if you can suggest a few dates for your guided tour of The Hidden Valley, I'd be interested too

TF

No comments: