Friday, February 12, 2010

Looking forward to my first full AA

Now in my 20th year of running around these hills, this is my debut for the full Amble. In the past, I've left it too late to enter except last time (2 years ago) when I decided to walk the shorter route and run Winter Hill the following day. I've not run since Tuesday when I did 20 but did walk 12 (some are claiming 14) on the LDWA Fish, Chips and Peas walk on Wednesday. Hopefully I shall be rested and will take up EtU's offer to accompany the slower participants for the first few miles. If I feel like trying to accelerate later, well great, but no great ambition. It's about getting the mileage and ascent this month.
Not sure what the total climb is but if everything goes to plan I shall be significantly ahead of target before the mid-point of the month.
Missed out on the chance to join the Saturday UTUP last weekend. Until late morning I expected to be running in the cross-country at Lilford Park. It was only because I texted TH to offer a lift that I discovered it had been put back until tomorrow, so I shall have to miss my chance to of completing sufficient races in the SELL to be in with a chance of prizes in the O/50. Come to think of it, there is another qualification that I don't meet - not fast enough and never will be! Too many clashes as tomorrow is also the Mid-Lancs League as well as the AA. At least I didn't just watch the rugby but managed to get 11 in the sunshine of last Saturday afternoon.

No comments: