Friday, January 08, 2010

Don't fence me in

I hadn't realised the fencing was so bad until I saw it on the photo JtE. It usually has bushes hiding most of it. Its unevenness and higgledy-piggledy appearance is down to Bob the dog. In common with the rest of the family he showed a marked but understandable reluctance to share his abode with me. Consequently he regularly jumped the fence in a bid for freedom only to return a couple of hours later in a show of sympathy with the girls, who were unable,try as they may, and they did, to match his athleticism. So I had to build the fence up in some areas. The fact that he's been gone some seven or eight years but the fence still retains its unkempt appearance is your fault for introducing me to running. This hobby(?) is fatal to good husbandry, as Christina, Joan, Sheila, and Ann will confirm.

As you know JtE, the ladies have rearranged the Dinner party and that is fortuitous, because on Wednesday I started with a cough and cold which has reacted negatively to outdoor activities(clearing snow) and is set to "Full steam ahead". Joan is naturally coming to the rearranged dinner, but your name has not been mentioned, but then again, it rarely is.

I'll have to see if I improve for tomorrow but if I'm not there by 9.00 I won't be coming. By the way does Heather runner teach at St Catherines Primary in Horwich? If so, she was in yesterdays Bolton News.

No comments: