Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chernobyl or; D'yu know Bill?


EtU exaggerates when he says I whupped him. If you note his times, apart from the "pit stop miles", he was doing just under eight-and-a half minute miles. Whereas my rather disappointing 54mins 7sec time was on the wrong side of eight-and-half minute mileing. Without the stops he'd have beaten me by a couple of minutes. But there you are, he will go drinking murky beer against his better half's advice. If you put a bucket of mud in front of him he'd drink it, as long as it had some alcohol content.



My consolation is that I was only 39 secs behind the M70 winner. So as the school report used to say with monotonous regularity, "must try harder". Well I'd tried everybody else so why should he escape.


I won't be joining the long distance Amblers because on Friday and Saturday I'm helping my daughter to move flats and decorate her new abode. Three flights of stairs in both flats so that should keep me fit. I should really be helping on Sunday but I shall be taking EtU on in the Garstang 10k instead. Providing that on Saturday he doesn't drink too much beer, or a bucket of 5% proof mud, he should get his revenge.


We have lift-off - about 2 inches of lift-off


Where ARE those damned toilets?



EtU sympathetically agrees to have photo with blind runner

No comments: