Friday, December 25, 2009

A Special Day

It's been a few years since I was up the Pike on Christmas Day and as I struggled up breathlessly this morning I wondered whether I might meet one or two old friends, sharing a mince pie and a sherry by the tower, as I had occasionally in the past.



But no, instead there was a young couple drinking champagne! Paul introduced himself and his young lady Natalie, who had, only moments before, become his fiance. I offered my congratulations and toasted them with the celebratory fiz that I was offered.

Congratulations to you both, perhaps see you up there next year as Mr and Mrs. If you want a copy of these photographs, email me by clicking "EtU" on the contributors list.

(Natalie doesn't always squint like this, the sun was in her eyes.)

No comments: