Monday, December 14, 2009

I Blame Erica

You see, if Erica hadn't gone out with her mates (as opposed to with Watters' mates) then Watters would have been taken home early and not been there to encourage me to drink a little more than was perhaps wise.  As it was, Watters and I were sat (slumpted?) in his front room at approaching midnight, making space in a bottle of rather palatable red wine.

Little more than six hours later, a glass of grapefruit juice, a mug each of coffee, peppermint infusion, green tea, regular tea, then at the Longridge 7 venue a further beaker of coffe and 500ml of Tesco sports drink failed to undue the damage.

But it can't all be blamed on the drink. YJ had an frighteningly good run, placing 110th overall out of 269 finishers in a time of 54:12, just 58 seconds behind his age group winner, Ted Orrell of CleM.

Matt passed me at about the 10k mark, skipping past with the encouraging words "Come on young Ed, you've got a target now", and then proceeded to take 40 seconds out of me in less that a mile. We both finished under 63 minutes, in my case getting dangerously close to 9 minute miling ~ good grief, I've finished the Bolton 40 miler at a faster pace than that!

I was about a minute slower than on the same course in the summer, which works out at just less than 4 seconds per unit of alcohol; and less than a second a mile.

Well done old men, will I be that wise when I'm as old as you?

Photos pending.

No comments: