Monday, November 02, 2009

Always remember to stretch!
Saturday's cross country started well but ended up as a bit of a disaster.
I arrived in good time, did a full warm up lap but didn't bother with more than a couple of stretches.
I would probably have got away with it had I been running in studs, but for spikes by the second lap I was feeling tightness and at the end of the lap had to stop but was ordered by TF to get a move on or Bazza would catch me. I continued for a few hundred yards more but there was no chance, I could barely walk never mind run so a t the next point where I could take the shortest route back, I did so. I don't keep a log but that will have been my first DNF in over 200 cross country races spanning too many years.

So no trip to the Lakes today or tomorrow. Hopefully a week's rest and treatment will sort it - very annoyed as I was going quite well.

No comments: