Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Winter Hill Road Circuit

As we made Horden Stoops we could see the approaching weather, a vast wall of clag, at this point stretching from somewhere over Chorley to a lot further south. I did forlornly hope we'd get back to the Lower Barn without getting wet, but when you're contending with 40mph winds it was a very forlorn hope. Started to feel the first drops at Ammunition corner.

YJ will post the stats, but the initial impression was that we completed the circuit about a minute slower than a similar outing last year. Given the battle up the last climb, I was 'well chuffed' with that, especially as this was the longest road run I'd done this year. Not sure I'd have managed it on my own, so I have the charming company to thank for that (YJ, JtE, Matt & EtU).

I'll be out again on Saturday for a repeat performance.

TF

No comments: