Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mid Lancs XC, Kendal
As the club is giving preference to this league, I thought I may as well have a go. I'd been out with East Lancs LDWA on Wednesday for a little 16 mile jaunt around Belmont, Egerton, Rivington and Winter Hill so Thursday nights session comprised a whole 20 minutes so I could get back before J went off to work. Managed to arrange a lift with Tony H which was a good job as without me he would have been hunting round the centre of Kendal for the venue (and from hearing phone calls, he wouldn't have been the only one!). The course was at the Westmorland Showground just off the South Lakes turn off from the M6. We arrived in time to cheer on the juniors and four ladies representing Horwich. The course itself was pretty dry and a trail shoe would have been perfect. An easy choice of Walshes over spikes for me. As usual, I was the last Horwich man, but I seem to be getting closer to the rest - probably the course suited me.
I've got a TT match next Thursday so as captain I'd better turn up - we're not doing bad at the moment, a point adrift of the leaders, but we've had a blank week which is worth up to 9 points.
No XC next Saturday but may do the Chorley 4 Peaks Plus 3 Lads LDWA walk (20 miles).

No comments: