Tuesday, September 22, 2009

LDMT

I had initially considered the road and track option to the north of Harter Fell but thought 'proper' fellrunners can't do that and if anyone found out I'd get laughed at. The other consideration was by that stage in the proceedings there would have been too much of a temptation to carry on down the road back to the Youth Hostel and miss out 5 & 6 altogether.

So south side I went, following the Duddon route in reverse except the very top. As I guessed correctly (having subsequently checked) the ft/climb for both routes was nearly the same. Even if it'd been a nice smooth path I doubt that I'd have run much of it anyway, so opted for the shorter route.

As for the last check-point, I could have cried when I realised what I'd done, but I was too tired. A humongous effort to make myself climb back up the last hill. Looks like a lot didn't bother!

TF

No comments: