Monday, July 27, 2009

Map Sites

NLN - thanks for the link to that website, thats just what I've been after. I tried to do something similar with 'mapmyrun' and the ordnance survey site using 2 screens on view for my homework for Sunday's race. Had to resort to using the OL paper map in the end. Just a pity I made the assumption we'd probably follow some of the 'Gritstone Trail' route south of Teggs Nose Country Park and not the one mile bit we did that was north!

I mapped my route on Sunday as being 12 miles so a bit short of the 15 that was advertised. My only transgression was taking a short-cut down a farm drive which wasn't a 'right of way'. I know this 'cos it said so on the gate. But this is what happens if you leave your gate open, any Tom, Dick or Fellrunner can come wandering in. More than likely 30 + others before me. Wonder if we all had the same 'blag' ready if caught '....a bit lost 'guv, come to see if there was anyone about to tell me where I was... there was a notice on the gate.... well I never, didn't see that, ever so sorry...' !

Glad you all enjoyed the cakes. My aim is to feed you enough of them so you all get to run slower so I can keep up!

I can manage a utup on thurs and probably Sat as well.

TF

No comments: