Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm with JtE on this one. Not sure I'd want to get too close and think I prefer him ('lovely temperament' or not) sat down or even better lying down. It means you do get a bit of a head start to get to the Stile/gate and given todays performance it'd have to be a really good head start.

Perhaps a too cautious start at Holme Moss meant a slower time (?10mins) than last year, but there was a change to the final section of the route that played a factor. Conditions were a bit 'soggy' as you can see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpVMNuNY2lA yours truly appears at about 2mins and right at the end of the video, bloke behind me is the sweeper. He had the unenveable job of watching my rear again for about 8/9 miles as he did last year, he said he still wasn't fit enough to do the race, wonder if he'll use that excuse again next year!

I managed to pull away from the other tailenders (4) after the climb to the top of Laddow Rocks. Some of the stream crossings after this point got a bit interesting. I had no one in sight, so had to do my own depth testing, what had been ankle deep trickles last year, were knee/thigh deep torrents this year. All adding to the enjoyment of completing my first AL for the year.

TF

No comments: